Friday, May 27, 2011

Some Basics

Hello everyone!

A lot of people have no idea of where to start when it comes to the coupon world. It can be very difficult and overwhelming when you first get started. I know, I was once there and I am still learning new things! I had a few "Where to Start" posts, but I am going to rewrite those and try to give you more detail. I would also like to answer any questions that you may have so please feel free to email me or comment on a post with a question!

Today I am going to start with where to get your coupons. There are many different sources available to you to get coupons, so take advantage of them.

The Sunday papers are the biggest place to get coupons. In my experience the Star Tribune often has a bigger insert than the Pioneer Press. You can either become a subscriber and get the paper delivered to you or you can pick it up on Sundays. I pick mine up every Sunday, I also quickly glance through the ads and inserts to make sure the coupons that are suppose to be in there are in there. Sometimes they are not and that can be a big bummer!

Other places to get coupons are online. The following are great places to print coupons: Redplum.comSmartsource.comCoupons.com,  Target.com, All You.com, Our Family Brand Coupons, Hudson County Market Coupons

You can also get coupons in or on different items you purchase (Peelies). P&G often has a whole coupon booklet in select products. Also, when you request different samples, the majority of the samples come with a coupon. 

Another way to get coupons is to write to the company and ask. It never hurts, the worst they are going to say is they do not offer coupons. I have done this multiple times and have only been told once, that they could not offer coupons. I wrote to a company recently thanking them for making such a great product, that was all and they sent me a coupon booklet for all of their products! So search the companies website, find an email address or business address and just let them know how much you appreciate their business. It never hurts to let a company know that you are thankful for them. Most people only ever think to send complaints! 

Also Facebook is a good place to get coupons. Different brands offer "HOT" coupons to their Facebook fans from time to time. Although they go quickly, if you Like them and get the info in your news feed at the right time you may just score some awesome coupons! 

So this is the different places that I use to get all my coupons. If I forgot any or you know of other great places for coupons please comment so we all know!

Happy Savings!
-HCL

No comments:

Post a Comment