Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Doing Virtuous Business **Book Review**

Doing Virtuous Business  by Theodore Roosevelt Malloch is a book that looks at "Spiritual Capital" along with "Social Capital". 

I have had this book on my book shelf for a couple months now awaiting my review, and sadly it will be headed back to my shelf for the 4th time. I have tried to read this book 4 times and each time I just can not get in to the book and end up falling asleep.

I think that if I was a CEO of a company I would have been more into this book, however I am not. I think for having 2 kids I can read books fairly quickly, if I like them. Take the Twilight Saga for example, I have read that Saga 3 maybe 4 times in under 2 weeks. I will gladly miss a full nights rest and still be up the next day and do all my mommy duties just to keep reading that Saga. 

I was really hoping that I would have been able to get into this book, because the concept it great. Having faith in the work place can help you go farther, I just felt like I was reading that same thing over and over again. 

So if you are a CEO I would suggest taking a look at it, but it was just not for me. I did receive this book for free in exchange for my review, and as you can tell the above opinions are mine and mine alone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment