Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here Burns my Candle **Book Review**



I read Here Burns My Candle after the second book, Mine is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs. (I did not know there was a first book until I started reading the second.)
Although reading them out of order, the book was still great! I was swept up into the life of Bess in the 1700's and could feel her emotions. The writer is very good with detail and tells the story well.

The story is about the Kerr family who lives in Edinburgh in 1745. They have multiples test of faith and tests of strength through out the book. I think that the Kerr Women are a strong set of women and they grow even stronger through out the story.

I would recommend this story to anyone that is interested in historic stories. It was a great read!My only complaint was I knew what was coming in the second book so I did not get into this one as much as the second. I know that if I would have read them in the correct order than I would have had the book done in a day or two. Liz Curtis Higgs has a writing style that I really like.

(Note: I did receive this book in exchange for my review. However, all the opinions are mine and mine alone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment