Monday, September 26, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat review



I was super excited to receive the full line of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat polishes. I had heard some mixed reviews and I wanted to try it out myself to see what I thought of it. 

The first two times I tried it I was VERY disappointed with it. It was just a huge mess and there was no "crackle" effect, there was just a blob effect.  I have always liked Sally Hansen, and have never had an issue with their products. I could not figure out why they would sell a product that claimed one thing and did NOTHING like that. 

I researched their help forums and found this (left side) How to Video. It was like magic...following the how to steps and guess what it worked. I guess it is better to follow the directions on some things. So watch the video too, but this is how you should apply it:

  • Apply a base coat (I liked using the Sally Hansen Xtreme colors since they are so bold)
  • Apply the Crackle overcoat in quick sweeps. Just sweep in on once and than DO NOT TOUCH IT
  • Let dry and let the "Crackle" effect take place
  • Apply a clear top coat to lock in place and to also shine it up, the Crackle is sort of a matte finish
  • Ta da super sexy nails!!

So if you are willing to follow the directions, than I would totally recommend these polishes! There are so many choices, my favorite is the Vintage Violet! I honestly recommend watching the video, and that practicing a couple times until you get the correct sweep down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment